CREATING COMMUNITY RESPONSIVE SCHOOL COMMUNITIES
8:30-9:00 Breakfast, Registration, and Networking
9:00-10:30 Keynote: Circles: What is a Community Responsive Learning Community?
Speaker: Allyson Tintiangco-Cubales
Professor of Ethnic Studies and Educational Leadership at San Francisco State University, TEN Co-Founder and Co-Director, Director of Teacher Development at Pin@y Educational Partnerships
10:45-12:00 School Presentation: How Schools Can Use Circles & Praxis Learning Communities
Facilitator: Raul Lomeli
Principal at Latino College Prep Academy
12:00-1:00 Lunch (Everyone will break for lunch, a list of restaurants nearby will be provided)
Dialogue about Teaching Philosophies
1:00-3:00 Introduction to TEN
Facilitator: Carolyn Kaneda
For participants that are new to TEN, we will provide an overview of the resources and tools that TEN can provide schools to be more community responsive.
1:00-3:00 Using TEN to Develop Support for Challenges
Facilitators: Raul Lomeli and Allyson Tintiangco-Cubales
· What is one major challenge that you are facing in your classroom or at your school?
· How can you use the TEN to support the challenges that you may be facing at your school?
· What resources can you share with people in TEN that have been helpful in your classroom/school?
3:00-4:00 Dialogue Circle and Closing Ritual
Facilitators: Allyson Tintiangco-Cubales, Raul Lomeli, and Carolyn Kaneda
· Based on all the conversations you had today, how do you imagine implementing circles at your school?
· How will you take what you learned here back to your classrooms, schools, and communities?
4:00-5:00 Professional Networking and Cocktail Hour
password: TENconference (case sensitive)